“to us, there is no ‘controversy’ surrounding the film TONTO.
The character is fictional, and steeped in harmful stereotypes.
Johnny Depp is NOT Native.
The film promotes Pan-Indianism by mixing and matching imagery.
Disney must hold the record for most racist films produced - there is the whole package deal from Disney, the Halloween costumes and the action figures that will be indoctrinating a whole new generation into a world of misinformation about Indigenous Peoples.
Indigenous children, will bear the brunt of this marketing juggernaut in the playground.
There are a million stories about Indigenous Peoples that are waiting to be told. Authentic stories - by Indigenous writers, made by Indigenous film makers, using Indigenous Actors.
This film is a step backward in time.
No amount of donations to “Native American organizations” can make this right. No amount of pics of Johnny Depp wearing T-shirts with Native slogans on them, can make this right.
We’re going to be boycotting this film, and the whole sideshow of promotional trinkets.
We’ll be too busy mopping up the mess of misunderstanding and cultural mockery left in this film’s wake.”
- the oresteia: well that aeschylated quickly
so you know how everyone is always like lol illuminati 666 hail satan the south will rise again etc.
well today i was like hey what exactly was the illuminati anyways? and i
Next time on: I didn’t know I was a member of the Illuminati.
1. If you are in a large party, order before you start talking to each other. A server will be uncomfortable tapping you on the shoulder, and I can only stand there waiting for someone to notice me and interrupt you for so long before I have to leave and put everyone else’s orders in.
2. Please try to order all entrees at the same time. If you do not, they will not come out at the same time. You are not allowed to repeatedly badger your waitress about this; your orders are coming when the kitchen is done with your batch.
3. If you have an extra special request that will need to be explained to expo and you are ordering a dish that will take a long time, your order may come out later.
4. Addendum: if you have a child with you and are in a rush, order something else.
5. When making a reservation, you need to know how many people are in your party. If you do not know, overestimate rather than underestimate. Rearranging an entire section is hell.
6. A server is only one person. If they have not left the table, do not ask them for the same thing a second (or third, or fourth) time.
7. If you have the kind of group that will require 16 separate checks:
a. Tell the restaurant ahead of time
b. Get new friends
c. Stay home because that is really awful to your waitress
8. If you feel the need to apologize to your server, do not take them away from their other duties. You are the absolute last person they want to see right now, and a private talk will make both of you more uncomfortable. Just write an apology on your check and LEAVE EXTRA MONEY. That’s a big one. Otherwise, you’re pretty much just trying to make yourself feel better.